Paint in the morning and explore the exuberant San Miguel in the afternoon!
This workshop is for you when
- you always wanted to learn how to paint, but did not have the time
- you used to paint some time in your past but did not recently
- you want to jump start the practice
- you are recently retired and looking for a new, fun hobby
- you are a self-taught painter who wants to learn the basics
- you are an experienced painter who want an infusion of inspiration
- you are an art teacher who wants to dedicate some time to her own art
- You are a “perfectionist” who understands the benefits of loosening up and its ready to take the leap
The focus in this workshop is in starting and finishing a painting per day.
Also you will learn
- the essentials of composition,
- explore different techniques
- practice drawing
- paint in studio with acrylics
We will focus on San Miguel topics of inspiration!
YES, it is possible! All it take is an open mind, a positive attitude, courage to make mistakes and desire to have fun!
Paint in our bright and welcoming studio. We are located in the Central area of San Miguel only 2 blocks from the main plaza.
Take home 3 to 5 paintings (according with your experience), a great experience and the confidence to continue creating art on your own!
We include in the cost most materials.
Not included: Airfare, hotel, shuttle from Leon airport, food
Schedule early! We keep the groups small, up to 6, so we can provide you with individual attention and instruction.
Contact us at cristiferart(at) gmail.com, with your travel plans.
|July 2016 workshop participants|
9 :30 AM to 1:30 PM
Cost $ 650.00
includes most materials
March 20-24 AM Full
To find out about availability and to register contact us ASAP at cristiferart@ gmail.com
and we'll send you a PayPal non refundable requisition deposit of $200.00. The balance will be due at arrival.
About your instructors:
Cristiana Marinescu and Fernando Gonzalez co-founders of Cristi Fer Art Studio, School of Art and Gallery, since 1989
Fernando Gonzalez grew up in his father’s painting studio and learn the secrets of realistic painting from an early age. Later he attended and graduated from the prestigious art school of San Carlos in Mexico City. He showed his art in some of the most exclusive art gallery in Mexico City and later in US. He started teaching in 1986.
Cristiana has a similar background, only the tradition of her family was architectural design.
After studding architecture, while in NYC she graduated from the School of Visual Art and from the New School of Social Research. Her first painting exhibit was at the age of 7 in Bucharest. During the time spent in NYC she showed her art at one of the Vasarelli galleries on the Upper Eastside. Cristiana started teaching also in 1989 at collages in NY, Midwest and offered Creativity retreats in the Pacific Northwest.